An Ocean Racing Maxi Legend, with a very impressive race record! This Maxi has challenged and won some of the best from Australia, New Zealand, Hawai, Hong Kong, England, & South Africa. In her claims to fame Siska’s crew above all will introduce you to the excitement of sailing!
Siska 80 Ft Ocean Racing Maxi Yacht
Whats Included: meals, open plan accom, linen, snorkelling gear, wet suit. When we stop, roll out the huge deck shade awning.
Local Fees: are included in Ticket Price.
- Huge deck space and safe as this yacht was built to race around the world, so sailing the Whitsundays is easy,
- Fast sailing on this 2 x Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race Winner so you will go further and see more of the islands,
- Help out with the sailing or just sunbathe on the massive deck,
- Because we only carry a maximum of 22 guests, we have the permits to do all the iconic Whitsunday Island Walks,
- When we stop, we roll out a huge deck shade awning,
- Plenty of space downstairs, includes comfy saloon/dining area, plus hot showers in bathrooms!
- Reliability – Sailing with the Whitsundays longest established live-aboard sailing company, established in 1985.
Your 2 day/1 night adventure cruise begins at 8am, from Abell Point Marina at Airlie Beach. A typical voyage will cover around 90 nautical miles (160km’s).
You will sail across the Whitsunday Passage to Blue Pearl Bay on Hayman Island. Around the southern side of Hook Island, pass through Hook Passage and speed sail your way to Cataran Bay on Border Island. Time to head to the north eastern side of Whitsunday Island to Whitehaven Beach. Take a guided bush walk up to the ever-talked-about Hill Inlet Lookout. Don’t forget to bring your camera as this will be a view you will want to capture forever. Your crew will proceed to find you a nice and protected anchorage site for a night of fun. Wake up the next morning and it’s time for more thrilling sailing back to Airlie Beach. You will pass along the western coast of Whitsunday Island, through Hook Passage and follow the eastern coast of Hook Island, passing the Molle Islands.
Itineraries are flexible, and this itinerary is an example only. Trips will differ depending on the prevailing breezes and tides. Itineraries are planned by the Captain considering the safety and well being of guests and crew. If you have a special place that you would like to visit, they do their very best to see what can be done.
Siska offers passengers the chance to experience the underwater world through an exciting rendezvous scuba dive with the diving vessel, Tornado. As a guest on board, you have the option to do an Introductory or Certified dive, but you must book diving in advance so please let us know at time of booking so we can arrange it for you. Price includes all gear hire and Dive Instructor. Introductory divers are subject to age, conditions and medical questions and Certified divers need to bring dive card please.
Departs: Odd Days of Month (eg. 5th, 7th, 9th) at 8.30 am
Returns: Day 2 at 4.00pm
Optional extra costs: Scuba diving when we meet with our Dive Boat, BYO alcohol (no glass)